- Games: I went to a department store and got a set of playing cards and dice for each bag. Cost: $1.50.
- Book: We have a million paperbacks in the house, so I just tossed one into each bag. Cost: Free.
- Pen & Paper: As already mentioned in a previous post, I included pen and paper which can be used for all sorts of games and diversions.
- Stickers: Kids love stickers. They are cheap, compact, and an easy way to reward kids or keep them distracted. So, I tossed a few sheets of stickers in each bag. Cost: <$0.50.
- Hard Candy: Hard candy doesn't melt, is compact, and is also a good way to reward kids. Having a piece of candy is also a good morale booster for adults. Cost: $1.
Total Cost: $3.